Whether you’re starting on your new backyard garden or harvesting a new batch of fruits and vegetables, you’ll need to know which garden tools are best suited for your needs. Caring for your garden blooms and preparing beforehand can save you money.
But more importantly, it is essential to know which gardening tools to pick and that will be determined by your specific requirements.
Think about what you want out of your garden; are you big on houseplants but a beginner? Do you have a vegetable garden and cannot get the best out of the yearly harvest? Or are you facing a difficult time maintaining the total yield in different seasons?
Let us guide you to answer some of these critical questions to help find an individual gardening tool or a set of them that’ll get you well-prepared catering to your garden.
Fiskars Gardening: Best for Beginners
Fiskars has been in the game for centuries. First established in 1649, they came from a Finnish village of the same name. They provide a range of products in their portfolio, gardening tools being one of their best-sellers.
Thanks to their top-notch performance and design, their problem-solving innovations have given us years of enjoyable, easy-to-do gardening.
- Fiskars provides an extensive gardening and yard care portfolio, including Lawn Care, Wood Preparation, Food Gardening, Pruning and Trimming, Planting and Soil Prep, etc.
- Fiskars is also known to offer year-round discounts on their products and can be found in your local depot.
- According to customers, Fiskars offers an excellent warranty service, with many of their products providing lifetime warranties.
- Some of their products, like the Powergear Anvil Lopper, are not robustly constructed, and customers have expressed their dissatisfaction with regards to that matter.
- Not durable for long term use exceeding a year or more, according to some customers.
Most Popular Product:
The Fiskars Softouch 3-piece Gardening Tool Set is a prime example of their consistent quality. A set made with beginners in mind can accomplish various gardening tasks like weeding, digging, loosening soil, etc.
Barebones Living Gardening: Best for Versatility
Barebones Living is a lifestyle brand that caters to your every need. From your home decor to the food you eat and the backyard gardening you’ll be doing, they’ve got you covered.
Barebones Living’s founder Robert Workman founded the company in 2012, intending to enhance people’s lives. They are a company based in Salt Lake City, Utah, and are operating worldwide. Thanks to its philanthropic founder Robert, their brand does more than just selling some of the best gardening tools.
- Barebones Living offers garden and yard care, outdoor living, tools for multipurpose uses, lighting, decor, and even coolers for picnics.
- Barebones is a socially aware brand that has been contributing to humanitarian causes throughout its journey.
- Modified and up-to-date website for easy navigation .
- Provides numerous discounts and offers.
- Vital customer service and after-sales support.
- High-quality tools.
- According to customers, some gardening tools have design flaws, but their customer service usually caters to customer complaints.
- The Hori Hori knife has had complaints in the past about its soft handle and the blade breaking when in extensive use.
- Some products are relatively expensive.
Most Popular Product:
The Hori Hori Classic Garden Knife by Barebones Living is one of their best-sellers. Its ergonomic design and structure and its benefits are genuinely felt when digging deep into gardening work. Moreover, it also can be used for opening bottles, twine cutting, etc.
Bully Tools Gardening: Best Overall
Bully Tools is an authentic American brand based in Steubenville, Ohio, and founded in 1994. They are one of the famous names amongst American gardeners and those you find lurking around the home depot every week.
Their specialty includes their long list of products made for gardening. Bully Tools is a top choice when it comes to garden rakes, shovels, tools of various kinds, snow scoops, and overall top-of-the-line lawn and garden care.
- Made in America.
- Value for money.
- Made for regular use.
- Extensive portfolio for all your outdoor and homecare needs.
- Customers are very fond of the ice scrapers for their high-quality construction and durability.
- Has specialty items not available everywhere.
- Flawed design with particular ice scrapers.
- Customer service is not the best.
- Poor warranty service according to some customers.
Most Popular Product:
The Bully Tools Heavy Duty Sidewalk & Ice Scraper is one of their highly-rated outdoor tools. As always, they are entirely American-made and come with a limited lifetime warranty.
What makes them so good is the extra thick 11 gauge all-steel construction they utilize. Scrape away through jammed-up ice and snow deposits on your doorway and garage with ease like never before.
- What are some of the best gardening brands?
Gardening brands like Fiskars, Felco, ARS, and Spear & Jackson are some of the best in the market.
- What metal is the most suitable for gardening work?
Metals like carbon steel, hand-forged steel, and stainless steel are best suited with gardening tools.
- What are some of the online stores to buy these gardening tools from?
Gardener’s Supply, Lee Valley Tools, Garden Tool Company, and Small Hands are some of the popular online places to buy garden tools.
- What essential gardening tools should I first invest in?
When you’re only beginning gardening in your backyard and don’t know where to start, these are some of the best tools to begin with: pruners, shovels, spades, gardening gloves, hand trowels, etc.
Final Word on Gardening Brands
Gardening has become so essential for us in the past decade. With global warming becoming a more clear headline on the news, we’ve gone greener.
Moreover, the recent pandemic has made life indoors quite a challenge. Now’s the time we spend indoors and bathe in the sun in our backyards. Perhaps, gardening and catering to the greens in our homes is something we take more seriously and with ambition.
For that reason, it’s always wise to know the best brands out there and to have alternatives. We looked at American brands and brands that are excellent for beginners looking to start their gardening journey. It all starts with something, and your garden will soon be a reflection of that.