The mattress that you use for sleeping looks very neat and clean but trust me it is full of dirt bacteria and germs.
You must clean your mattress regularly or hire professionals like Major Carpet Cleaners Sydney for doing this work of cleaning.
Not getting your mattress cleaned can make your bedroom unhygienic as well as unhealthy for children and even in some cases it may lead to some allergies also.
Different people have different opinions about how to clean your mattresses. But most of the methods used by people rather don’t work properly or damage mattresses.
That’s why you should always take advice from professionals like Major Carpet Cleaners Sydney whenever it comes to properly clean your bed mattresses. To clean your mattress on your own, following are stated some methods that you can use to do so:
- Vacuum cleaning: sometimes the simplest and easiest methods are the ones that give the best results. Simply use a vacuum cleaner to get rid of the dirt present inside the mattress. This will provide you with a clean mattress in a short period.
- Sun treatment: if you are using a cotton-filled mattress then you should drag it outside and let it stay under the sun for a whole day. The sun rays will not just kill the germs present in the mattress but also get rid of excess moisture content in mattress and make it fluffy and cushiony.
- Applying baking soda: sometimes just vacuuming cant be enough so you have to go a step further. In the presence of pets and children in your home, it is very common to get foul odor in your mattress due to urine and sweat. To get rid of this, you have to sprinkle some baking soda over the mattress, let it rest for some time, and then vacuum it all.
- White vinegar: mix white vinegar in water and then spray that solution all over the mattress. This solution will help you in getting rid of all the stains present on your mattress and not just that it will also remove the foul odor from your mattress. Leave it on the mattress for more than 10 minutes and after that use, vacuum to clean off excess moisture.
- Hydrogen peroxide: before using this method remember one thing that it is a bleaching agent so either uses it on a small patch of the mattress and sees if it causes a change in color or not. Otherwise use it on white mattresses. Peroxide will help in removing any sort of stains present on your dirty mattress.
- Clear dish soap: dish soap can also be useful in cleaning the mattress but it should not be a colored dish soap otherwise it will affect the color of your mattress. Mix dish soap in some water and spray it above the mattress and after that use a brush to rub the dirty spots and corners of seems to clean your mattress. Don’t scrub too harshly or you might damage your mattress in the process of cleaning it.
- Beating of the mattress with a stick: use a stick to beat the mattress and get all the dirt out of it. This is a very old method of cleaning mattresses. Don’t use this method of mattress cleaning on a spring mattress as it will damage the springs inside it. Use this method only on cotton-based mattresses.
- Essential oils: essential oils like lavender oil, pine oil, neem oil, eucalyptus oil, peppermint oil, lemon oil, etc. can be applied on the mattress for making them germ-free. These oils will not only get rid of germs and microbes from the mattress but also remove the bad odor of urine and sweet from the mattress.
- Removal and cleaning of mattress covers: firstly cover your mattress with a sheet and at least monthly change and clean those covers so that your mattresses can stay clean and healthy. Use anti-germ soaps to clean the covers so that no germs or ticks can survive in cover or over the surface of the mattress. The mattress can have a lot of germs inside it and the main reason for it is direct contact with skin or dirty covers. So get them cleaned weekly or at least once a month.
These are some home remedies that you can use to clean your mattress. All these are well tested and implemented methods of mattress cleaning. You can use them for your benefits but then also if you don’t get satisfaction, you can always get Mattress cleaning services in Sydney by Major Carpet Cleaners Sydney.
Don’t hesitate to get in contact with our team of professionals as we have well-trained employees, who provide you all the types of mattress cleaning services in Sydney. For having a hygienic mattress to sleep, just get services from Major Carpet Cleaners Sydney.
Namish Thakur is a Carpet Cleaning Expert and Writer at Major carpet Cleaners at Sydney. He endeavors to carry on with a sound way of life consistently all around, including being excessively worried about his home and carpet’s cleanliness.
Social Media Links:
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/majorcarpetcleaners/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/CarpetMajor
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/majorcarpetcleaners/
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa9gNjdHMwtyU5xGfmZ4Xbw
Pinterest – https://www.pinterest.com/majorcarpetcleaners/